Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 large Vidalia onions, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped 1 clove garlic, minced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a foil-lined baking sheet, coat slices in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, carefully flipping onions once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, stir together bread crumbs, blue cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Remove onions from oven and evenly top each with the blue cheese mixture.
- Continue baking until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Article and photos by Cara Greenstein
Cara Greenstein is the creator of Caramelized, a food and lifestyle site recently recognized as Best Blog in Memphis by the Commercial Appeal’s annual Memphis Most awards. A native Memphian who just returned to her roots from Austin, Cara practices public relations at doug carpenter & associates by day and writes recipes and entertainment tips by night. Follow Cara’s adventures on Facebook and Instagram, or read the blog directly at caramelizedblog.com.