- 4 salmon fillets skinned and cut to match the size of the buns
- 3-5 Tbsp of Jerk rub
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towels and coat generously with the jerk rub.
- Heat a pan on medium with oil and gently place the fish in the pan. Cook until one side is half way done (about 3-5 min). Gently flip the fish and sear the other side until cooked through.
- Layer four buns with salmon and top with charred pineapple slaw.
Baked Carrot Fries
- 1 lb carrots peeled
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cumin seed
- Salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice the carrots in 1/4 inch strips, toss in olive oil, and spread out on a baking sheet covered in foil.
- Sprinkle cumin seed over carrots. Add salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Flip and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
Charred Pineapple Slaw
- 1/4 of a fresh pineapple (Cut pineapple vertically, then horizontally to get a quarter.)
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- Cut the quarter pineapple in half lengthwise and char over a high open flame. Otherwise, preheat oven to 400F and place slices on a grill pan or rack for 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Cut grilled pineapple slices into bite-sized portions and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together both cabbages, carrot, and celery.
- Pour in yogurt dressing (see below) and mix until coated. Stir in pineapple once cooled.
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix in a small bowl or measuring cup until combined.
Logan Guleff is a 13 year old culinary prodigy from Midtown, Memphis. He was the winner of Gordon Ramsey’s MasterChef Junior and is in the top 80 food influencers in the world, according to Thuzio. You can follow his experiments in molecular gastronomy and other culinary adventures at http://www.orderupwithlogan.blogspot.com.