Bring the food truck grub right to your table with these fresh and healthy paleo style Sweet Potato Nachos. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and spicy and easily more addicting than all other street food. Pile it high with your favorite taco toppings and pair with a refreshing skinny margarita for a blissful summer dinner right at home.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Slice the sweet potatoes as thinly as possible with a knife or mandoline.
- Put sweet potato slices, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a gallon-sized bag and mix until potatoes are well coated.
- Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spread out the sweet potato slices so they do not overlap.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they start to slightly curl and turn golden brown. Flip halfway through.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, brown the ground meat in a pan with 1 Tbsp of taco seasoning.
- When both are finished, layer a serving dish with the sweet potatoes and top with ground meat. Add any other toppings and garnish with extra seasoning or cilantro.
Suggested Toppings: shredded kale – diced tomatos or salsa – avocado or guacamole – cilantro – jalapeños
Watching your sodium? Making your own no-salt taco seasoning!
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1.5 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Margaret Molteni is a runner who moved to Memphis from Nashville to work as a Recreational Therapist, assisting individuals with disabilities. Outside of work, you can find her training for her next marathon, cooking, blogging, and always eating. For more healthy and delicious recipes or all things running, visit Margaret’s site at youngandrungry.com.