- 3 large beets
- 1/2 cup pineapple (diced)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. To roast the beets, remove the tops and cut them in half. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until they are easy to cut. Remove the outer skin, which should slide right off once roasted.
4. Once the beets have cooled, dice them and set aside about 1.5 cups for the salsa.
5. In a bowl, add the beets, diced pineapple, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Mix thoroughly and serve.
6641 Poplar Avenue, Suite 106 / Germantown / (901) 552-5604
4715 Poplar Avenue / East Memphis in Knickerbocker Plaza