28 November is conveniently sandwiched between two notoriously sweet months. You can’t possibly enjoy the pleasures of candy on Halloween and skip right to the desserts at Christmas without treating yourself a little during the Thanksgiving month. Instead of unwrapping those mediocre peanut butter cups that your kids got while trick-or-treating, try your hand at these incredibly easy and surprisingly healthy four-ingredient SunButter Cups.
- 1 package (9oz) dark chocolate chips (preferably dairy-free with no refined sugars)
- 1/2 c unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut Oil
1. Line a 24 cup muffin pan with mini cupcake liners.
2. In a small sauce pan over the lowest heat setting, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Stir constantly to keep it from burning.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine sunflower seed butter with coconut sugar.
4. Once the chocolate has melted, take your first cupcake liner and add about 1 Tbsp of the melted chocolate.
5. In the same liner, dollop about a tsp of the sunflower butter mixture. Then cover the sunflower butter mixture with another tsp of chocolate, or until the liner is almost full and there is no visible sunflower butter. Repeat until all 24 cupcake liners are filled, or until the ingredients run out.
6. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Margaret Molteni is a runner who moved to Memphis from Nashville to work as a Recreational Therapist, assisting individuals with disabilities. Outside of work, you can find her training for her next marathon, cooking, blogging, and always eating. For more healthy and delicious recipes or all things running, visit Margaret’s site at youngandrungry.com.