There’s so much to love about this salad. It’s the perfect cool accompaniment to the end of summer foods like grilled chicken, Ahi tuna, or flank steak. With the anti-inflammatory benefits of cabbage, beta carotene from carrots, and healthy fats from avocado, it’s a nutritional powerhouse!
- 1 head Napa cabbage, thinly shredded
- ¼ small head red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 2 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp Sriracha
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp water
1. Combine the cabbages, carrots, snow peas, avocado, and half the herbs in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl, adding water to thin if necessary.
3. Toss the cabbage mixture with the dressing. Garnish with cashews, sesame seeds, and the rest of the herbs.
By Lisa Mullin