Runner, 29, Account Manager at Varsity Spirit
- St. Jude Marathon 2016: I qualified for Boston on my first try but missed the cutoff.
- MRTC Road Race Series 2017: 3rd Overall Female
- Running of the Rams 5K 2016-2017: 1st Overall Female
- Valentine’s Day 10k 2018: 1st Overall Female
- Mug Mile 2018: 1st Overall Female
- Running of the Rams 5K 2018: 1st Overall Runner
- Shelby Forest Loop Half Marathon 2019: 1st Overall Female & 3rd Overall Runner
My absolute favorite race of the year is the St. Jude Memphis Marathon. The cause and atmosphere are incredible. I love raising money and training for St. Jude year round.
I ❤ Running:
I love the people. Running has led me to make many new friends I would not have met otherwise.
I want to show my children how important it is to take care of your body, love your body, and know what it can do. I also love the feeling of pushing my body to its max, setting new goals, and the drive inside when I’m training and racing.
I enjoy weightlifting about six days a week. I mostly train in our home garage that my husband and I slowly built up. Or I’m at the gym at work on my lunch break.
I am training for the Running of the Rams 5K this May in Bartlett!
I love going to the beach with my family. We have a crazy schedule most days, so I love being able to disconnect from everything. It’s my happy place and the perfect place to reset.
Casa Mexicana is my go-to place! I usually get the chicken fajitas and maybe a good margarita. Oh and the cheese dip!
“Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.”—Kara Goucher
Interview by Hailey Thomas. Photo by Philip Murphy.