Fall and winter bring unique flavors to the cocktail scene like squash, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gray Canary’s Eggnog Punch is made with cream, cognac, and the effervescence of Topo Chico. With a blend of spices and vegetal qualities from butternut squash to pumpkin seeds, this punch is all festive! Ring in the holidays with a punch bowl (or two) with family and friends.
- 15 oz cognac
- 1 ½ cups butternut squash syrup
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 24 oz Topo Chico
- Garnish: ground pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and star anise
- Stir or blend all ingredients together and top with Topo Chico.
- Garnish with ground pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Drop in the star anise. Add ice to your glass and enjoy.
To make Butternut Squash Syrup:
- Prepare 2 butternut squash by peeling and removing the seeds. Give them a rough chop.
- Heat 3 quarts water with 3 cinnamon sticks, 2 star anise, nutmeg, clove, and allspice. Reduce it by 1/3.
- Add in squash and 2 quarts of sugar.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes until squash is soft.
- Let it sit for 30 more minutes.
- Strain out the squash and spices. Squeeze the squash through a strainer to get out the remaining liquid.
Eggnog Punch crafted by Catherine & Mary’s bartender, Tony Nguyen
Gray Canary: 301 S Front St. | 901.249.2932 | Thegraycanary.com