Makes 4 Servings
This roasted chicken is a fall favorite and will be on repeat a lot over the next few months. It is so easy to prepare and comes out perfect every time. The hearty aroma that fills your home will make you want to say goodbye to store bought rotisseries forever.
- 5-6 lb roasting chicken, backbone removed
- 1 lemon, halved
- 8 whole, peeled garlic cloves
- 6 carrots, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into thick slices
- 3 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 425F.
Place the cut carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash, onion, and garlic in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cut lemon and white wine. Now, pour yourself a glass.
Place the chicken (with backbone removed) on top of the vegetables. Dry the chicken with a paper towel. Drizzle with olive oil and rub the Herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper onto the chicken.
Roast the chicken for 75 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil for 10–15 minutes. Transfer it to a cutting board and slice. Spoon the vegetables onto a platter, add the chicken, and garnish with parsley.
Emily Turngren is the owner and chef of emVISION FOODS CO. A fresh, home delivery meal service in the Memphis area. She has been in the food industry for over 20 years as a private chef and cooking instructor. Learn more at emvisionfoods.com. Follow on Instagram @emvision_foods_ co