There’s nothing more refreshing than an easy, light salad on a hot summer day, except when a fruit popsicle follows it for dessert!
Massaged Kale & Chicken Salad with Avocado Dressing
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 Avocado (medium)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (stems removed)
- 1 stalk Green Onion (trimmed, chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt (to taste)
- 3/4 cup Water (divided)
- 4 cups Kale Leaves (tough stems removed, finely chopped)
- 8 ounces Chicken Breast, Cooked (chopped)
- 1 Cucumber (medium, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Add the avocado, parsley, green onion, salt, and half the water into a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add more water, one tablespoon at a time, until your desired consistency is achieved.
Pour olive oil over rinsed and chopped kale, massaging for 2-3 minutes until less firm. Divide the kale, chicken, and cucumber into bowls. Top with avocado dressing and enjoy!
Makes 5 Servings
- 2 cups Frozen Blackberries
- 1/4 cup Water (warm)
- 3 tablespoons Maple or Agave Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour the mixture into a popsicle mold and place it in the freezer. Freeze popsicles for at least six hours. Enjoy.
Erin Dragutsky is the co-founder of 901 Nutrition, LLC and a licensed, registered dietitian in Memphis. Erin specializes in helping clients with eating disorders and disordered eating habits. She is passionate about helping clients ditch their diets for good, find food freedom, and develop a positive relationship with food. 901nutrition.com, 901.800.9526.