By Shlomit Ovadia
For area sports enthusiasts who have begun their training for the 2023 triathlon season, P.R. Event Management will stage three triathlons this year with the addition of two AquaBike races as we celebrate our 40th Annual Memphis in May Olympic and Sprint Triathlons. We welcome back our presenting sponsor Dr. Thomas Ratliff and our silver sponsor Prairie Farms.
AquaBike, a swim-bike race, is essentially a trimmed-down triathlon that has been reduced by a third by eliminating the running portion from the race. AquaBike is an ideal non-impact format for individuals who can’t or don’t want to do the running portion of a triathlon.
Relay teams, as well as individual triathletes, are encouraged to start training now for a winning finish. The season kicks off with the Memphis in May Olympic and Sprint Triathlons and AquaBike races at Shelby Farms on May 13 and 14. On June 24, the Annie Oakley Sprint and Super Sprint Triathlons and the Buffalo Bill Wild West Sprint and Super Sprint Triathlons at Shelby Farms will give seasoned triathletes an opportunity to continue their summer training and provide newcomers to the sport a chance to try something new. Finishing up the season is the Dragonfly Sprint Triathlon at Sardis Lake on August 26.
40th Annual Memphis in May Triathlon Sports Weekend
- May 13 & 14, 2023: Shelby Farms Park, Memphis – Hyde Lake
- Olympic Triathlon: Saturday, May 13 at 6:30 a.m. (.93-mile swim, 24.9-mile bike, 6.2-mile run)
- Olympic AquaBike: Saturday, May 13 at 6:30 a.m. (.93-mile swim, 24.9-mile bike)
- Sprint Triathlon: Sunday, May 14 at 6:30 a.m. (1/3-mile swim, 13-mile bike, 3-mile run)
- Sprint AquaBike: Sunday, May 14 at 6:30 a.m. (1/3-mile swim, 13-mile bike)
7th Annual Annie Oakley & Buffalo Bill Wild West Sprint and Super Sprint Triathlons
- Saturday, June 24, 2023 at 6:30 a.m. – Shelby Farms Park, Memphis – Trapp LakeAll women’s sprint and super sprint triathlons and all men’s sprint and super sprint triathlons. The first event begins at 6:30 a.m., and the others follow back-to-back, all on the same day.
- Women’s and Men’s Super Sprint Races (1/4-mile swim, 8-mile bike, 2-mile run)
- Women’s and Men’s Sprint Races (1/2-mile swim, 16-mile bike, 4-mile run)
32nd Annual Dragonfly Sprint Triathlon
- Saturday, August 26, 2023 – 8:00 a.m. – Cypress Point on the Lower Lake at Sardis Reservoir On the sandy white beach at Cypress Point, this race is perfect for newbies to the sport of triathlon by participating in any of the three relay legs of the race. (1/2-mile swim, 18-mile bike, 4-mile run).
Register for any of the upcoming events produced by P.R. Event Management at pr-eventmanagement.net or contact Pam Routh at 901.550.2114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.