Memphis’ sweltering temps call for creativity behind the bar without the hangover. Whether you’re taking a night off before a big race, looking for a healthier alternative, or have fully committed to an alcohol-free lifestyle, these refreshing non-alcoholic poolside beverages will leave you with no regrets or next-morning consequences. Test out these two frozen mocktail recipes to keep you cool “AF” (“alcohol-free”) this summer.
Try the Peach Piña Colada for a non-alcoholic twist on a classic summer cocktail. While creamy, sweet, and tropical, this drink is a step up from the virgin Piña Coladas from your nostalgic childhood family beach trips. Jones Orchard peaches complement pineapple and coconut for an elevated but classic flavor combination.
If you’re seeking something lighter but just as refreshing, enjoy the Watermelon Mint Non-Alcoholic Margarita. Subtle watermelon sweetness is paired with herbal mint and tart lime flavors to make the most perfect pool drink with all the hydration and none of the hangovers.
Follow @spiritedaf_, a movement inspired to infuse AF – “alcohol-free”– on menus, shelves, and at the table.
Peach Piña Colada:
- 2 Jones Orchard peaches, cut into chunks
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 ½ cups cream of coconut
- 1 cup simple syrup
- Crushed ice
- Luxardo maraschino cherries
Combine ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour into a Collins glass and garnish with Luxardo maraschino cherries and a pineapple frond. Serves 4-6.
Watermelon Mint Non-Alcoholic Margarita:
- 7 ounces mint simple syrup
- 3 cups seedless watermelon
- 6 ounces Ritual Zero Proof Tequila Alternative
- 5 ounces lime juice
- Crushed ice
Mint simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mint leaves, stems removed
Combine water and sugar in a small pot, boiling just until the sugar dissolves. Turn off heat and add mint leaves to the pot. Steep for 30 minutes. Strain mint leaves and store covered in the refrigerator until use. Combine ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour into a rocks glass and garnish with mint leaves to enjoy.
Tips from Behind the Bar:
- Enjoy immediately or let chill in the freezer for a more frozen texture.
- Don’t sweat it if your drink starts to separate. Separation will naturally occur when using fresh fruit juices.
- Amounts of ice can vary depending on room temperature. Achieve your desired consistency and flavor by adding 2 cups of ice into the blender at a time.
- When garnishing with mint, slap the leaves to release fresh herb aromatics. Special thanks to Cameo Cocktail Bar for hosting our frozen mocktail test lab. Visit Cameo to try their own non-alcoholic drinks*.
- *These particular frozen mocktails are not available on Cameo’s menu.
By Spirited AF