February is the month of love so I thought this colorful, hearty salad would be a perfect choice. Beets are known to reduce blood pressure levels and the risk of heart disease and stroke. This is so tasty, but also really good for you!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Makes 4-6 Serving(s)
- 2 beets, washed and peeled (any color)
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot stick, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon SPG (salt, pepper, garlic)
Finely chop peeled, raw beets, cucumber, red onion, carrots, and green onions and throw them into a bowl. In a small dish, make your marinade. Combine lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, ground ginger, and SPG. Combine the dressing with the chopped veggies and mix. Refrigerate for up to 3 hours or overnight. Enjoy by placing it on top of lettuce, spinach, or kale with your choice of protein.
Emilee Hudsmith McKinney is a recipe developer, workout enthusiast, and creator of Take Off For Good seasonings and the Take Off app (found on the Apple and Google Play store). To learn more, visit @takeoffforgood on Instagram, Takeoffforgood.com, or download the Take Off app.