Ingredients: Makes 14 servings
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted, about 12 (pre-soaked in water for ~20 min)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Cacao nibs, cocoa powder, or crushed candy canes for topping
- Parchment paper
Place dates and walnuts in a food processor, process until ground.
Add the cocoa powder, almond butter, and extract and process until a dough forms. If needed, add 1 tbsp of water at a time until the dough is sticky.
Line a plate or platter with parchment paper. Roll dough into 1-inch balls with your hands and roll into your topping of choice (cocoa nibs, powder, or candy canes). Place on parchment paper.
Keep in a covered container in the freezer or fridge.
Erin Dragutsky is the co-founder of 901 Nutrition, LLC and a licensed, registered dietitian in Memphis. Erin specializes in helping clients with eating disorders and disordered eating habits. She is passionate about helping clients ditch their diets for good, find food freedom, and develop a positive relationship with food. 901nutrition.com, 901.800.9526