This is the perfect salad to kick off your year on the right foot. Full of fiber, healthy fats, and protein—it has all the elements to keep you smiling and satiated. Prepare it ahead of time for a nutritious and delicious lunch option to keep you on track throughout the week.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Makes 4 Servings
For the salad
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 cup radicchio, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 7-8 pepperoncini peppers, seeds removed and sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 3 slices of provolone, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup salami, cut into 1-inch pieces (for vegetarian, sub chickpeas or white beans)
- Optional: top with shaved parmesan cheese
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp honey
Toss all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients separately. Top salad with dressing and toss to combine.
Kristen Rosania is a Memphis-based meal prep chef, recipe developer, and the creator behind @forlemonsake, a social channel showcasing that home-cooked is always best. She believes in cooking real food with real ingredients, giving your body what it truly deserves. Find more information at Forlemonsake.com and follow along @forlemonsake on Instagram and Facebook.